• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Try and walk in well-lit areas, with other people around.
• Walk in groups, or with others nearby.
• Don’t display or count your money where others can see you.
• Conceal your technology (i-pads, cell phones, etc).
• Be cautious when approached by strangers.
• If confronted by someone, try not to verbally engage with them. Drugs, alcohol, or mental illness may be driving their behaviors so your safest course is to disengage and not escalate the situation.
• If anyone attempts to rob you, either by threats or with a weapon, do not resist. It is not worth risking your life or physical injury for the amount of money you will lose.